Sunday, May 27, 2007

Drawing People in the park

Today I went out to a few places to find people to draw in a cartoony manner. I perfer funny looking guys and sexy young girls, but I will draw just about anybody who will let me. I first went to The Gallery. For those of you who don't know, The Gallery is a large mall in center city philadelphia. I posted up in the food court and drew people as they walked by. It was fun however, by the time I was half finished with a drawing the person was gone. So I had to make up the rest from memory. Then I went to Washington square park. Here I approached people and asked them if they'd like to see themselves in cartoon form. Some people were cool with it some weren't. Thats how it goes. There weren't that many people there, so I moved locations to Rittenhouse square. Here there were a lot more people. It was more fun. I met some interesting people. I have been doing this kind of practicing for a while. Usually I go to college campuses because they are filled with sexy ladies. Since its summer and most college kids go elsewhere I branched out to new locations. Maybe I should try Drexel University. Those nerds go to school year round. Anywho, taking the cartooning to the streets gives me a unique way to practice, meet people, and find out what cartoons they like. Also, I promote my 1$ characature act. Unfortunately the funniest looking people never let me draw them. Good times.

p.s. Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I just moved, stuff was packed away.

No comments: