Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Week 7 - Perspective 4 - Objects in Space

In this weeks exercise, I used a grid to define the space, objects exist in. For the gesture drawings and the drawings from photographs, I used the grid formed by the titles in my kitchen. In the plans, I plotted a grid on the ground plan. The reason I studied perspective in the first place was, I had trouble getting objects in correct relation to each other and the background. This weeks exercise, in combination with previous perspective, has increased my understanding of space artistically (if that makes any sense).Objects in Space Gesture:
Objects in Space from Photo:Objects in Space from Plans:I am done with perspective drawing. At least for a while. I feel like my new understanding of space will show itself in future drawings. I also understand how to set up a scene better. Perspective drawing was like taking bad medicine. It sucked at the time but I am a better artist for doing. Using a ruler and plotting out points goes completely against my natural flowing method of observation and drawing. The idea is when I am drawing in my natural flowing style, I will render objects in the right relation to each other, more easily since I know how to plot exactly where they are. I am moving on to Pen and Ink. I will be off of my regular schedule while I play with my new pens for at least a week .

1 comment:

James said...

I like that duck on the bottom, and you perspective drawings aren't bad either.