Friday, July 6, 2007

Looney Moon Cartoons does first friday, again




Today was first friday down in old city, Philadelphia. For those of you who don't know, first friday is a cultural event where galleries put up their new work for the month and local artists sell their work on the street. around 5:30 Philadelphia police came through and kicked out all the artists, for selling on the street without a permit. It is a horrible abuse of power, and nobody is happy about it, but that is another topic entirely. I sell cartoons as a psychic cartoonist. I tell people I can predict their future through the power of cartoon. Since I didn't have a vendor permit I could not sell my cartoons, however I did encourage donations. I discovered that I actually make more money this way. Selling cartoons for 1$ limits how much I will be paid. When I ask for a donation, people pay what they feel is fair. Here are some of the cartoons.

No comments: