Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week 2 - More Complex Digital Painting

The focus of this weeks schedule was to expand on the digital painting techniques from last week, by choosing more complex subjects. I chose a more complex still life (too complex) and a self portrait.I struggled with this still life. I was unable to capture all the detail in the flowers. I think they would have looked better simplified anyway.

Gesture of Space -
In this exercise I walk around the city, attempting to capture whole street scenes in gesture. The object is not to represent them realistically, but to place all the elements in the right place in relation to each other. After wards, the drawing doesn't look like anything

2 comments:

David Guy said...

You look demonic in your self portrait. I'm not sure what characteristics of the painting causes that.

John Guy said...

yeah, that wasn't what I was going for. I think its the colors. The photograph I referenced was unsually red even tho I used natural light.